- Kyoto University International Science Innovation Building, 5th floor (Floor Map)
( Yoshida Main Campus, Sakyo-Ward ) >> Access
ZIP-code 606-8501 (for Shuttle taxi) >> Airport Shuttle
Kyoto University is the second oldest and second largest national university in Japan. In its history of over 110 years, KU has produced prominent scientists in various research areas, including seven Nobel Prize laureates, and a number of graduates who have played leading roles both domestically and internationally.
- Kyoto City
Kyoto is a historical city with approx. 1.5M people and also a very popular tourism town. Having been the center of traditional arts, science and many culture, Kyoto had long been the capital of Japan from 794 for 1100 years until Tokyo replaced as the new capital in 1868. It presents itself as the city with universities of high reputation and as the innovative centers in the field of research and technology.
>>To Kyoto University From Kyoto Station
- Taxi : Take about 20 minutes and cost approx 1,800 yen.
- City Bus Rt.206 : "Kyodai Seimon-mae" Take about 30-40 minutes and cost 230 yen. → 2min. walk
- City Bus Rt.17 : "Hyakumanben" Take about 30-40 minutes and cost 230 yen. → 5min. walk
- Subway : "Imadegawa Sta." (10 min.) → City Bus Rt.201 "Kyodai Seimon-mae" (10 min.) → 2min. walk
( Heavy traffic congestion occurs during tourist seasons, particularly around Kiyomizu-michi and Gion on Rt.206 )
>>To Kyoto Station
From Kansai International Airport (KIX)
- Airport Limited Express Train "haruka" : Take about 75 minutes.
- Airport Limousine Bus : Take about 90 minutes and cost 2,550 yen. Website