The 2nd International Workshop on
Luminescent Materials 2015
On the occasion of International Year of Light and Light-based Technologies (IYL2015), we would like to welcome again scientists serving for related research fields of interest, to the 2nd International Workshop on Luminescent Materials 2015 (LumiMat'15).
The first LumiMat was held on Nov.13-14, 2013 in Kyoto, Japan. The plenary
talk was given by Prof. P. Dorenbos (TU Delft, Netherlands), 18 invited and
6 contributed talks were given and closed successfully.
The LumiMat'15 will be held again in Kyoto University on the 12-13th of December in 2015. In this time Prof. A. Meijerink (U Utrecht, NL) and P. Tanner (HKIE, HK) will join and give plenary talks. The workshop will give opportunities for scientists to get together, exchange the state-of-the-art information and focuses more on physics and common/uncommon mechanisms in wider types of luminescent materials of organic, inorganic oxide, halide and nitride materials for electro- and photo-luminescence applications.
- Main Topics
- - Mechanisms of non-conventional luminescence phenomena
- - Energy transfer mechanisms
- - Persistent phosphors and photo-stimulated phosphors
- - Plasmonic materials
- - Novel spectroscopy and characterization techniques
- - OLED materials and inorganic phosphors for white LED
- - First-principles calculations of electronic structures
- - Doped inorganic and semiconductor materials
- - Transparent ceramic lasers and their applications